Be sure to check out the photos on our "Photos and Commentary" page - that's where you'll see the artistry of Enchanted Icing. There's a link on the right side of this page that will take you there.
For information on pricing and ordering, please contact us at:
EnchantedIcing@yahoo.com or 917-822-4058
- Vanilla - Fabulous yellow cake, full of flavor, that's good with almost any frosting. Made with the best quality vanilla
- Chocolate - A classic chocolate butter cake sure to please chocoholics (made with Valrhona cocoa powder!)
- Carrot - A moist, delicious version made with lots of fresh grated carrots and pineapple; can be made with or without nuts
- Lemon - Light and delicious lemon cake made with fresh lemon juice and grated lemon rind; combines well with berry flavors
- Red Velvet - The famous red buttermilk cake; our version has more than a hint of cocoa!
- White - Tender-crumbed vanilla cake that's a creamy white in color rather than yellow. We leave out the egg yolks to get this cake white in color.
- Apple Spice - Made with homemade, chunky applesauce. Try it with caramel frosting.
- Chai Latte - Try it, it's delicious! Made from real chai tea and full of cardamom, cinnamon, and other spices. Fabulous with ginger cream cheese frosting.
- Pumpkin Spice - A fall favorite for pumpkin fans, great with cinnamon or caramel buttercream or cream cheese frosting.
Fruit and/or nut based:
- Banana - Delicious and moist, can be made with or without chocolate chips
- Coconut - Close your eyes and you'll be back on a sunny beach!
- Almond - A subtle almond flavor makes this cake a winner.
- Strawberry - Made with real strawberries, this cake is a pinkalicious.
- Pistachio - Another unusual choice that's delicious.
- Hummingbird - A favorite from the southern US, it is made with bananas, pineapple and nuts
- German Chocolate - Best served with German Chocolate filling. A slightly modern take on the traditional favorite.
- Chocolate Stout Cake - Cake made with stout, a type of dark ale. Moist and oh so chocolatety and a little bit fudgy, and your guests won't be able to guess what makes it so good. Goes well with Bailey's Irish Cream for an Irish flair or, for hard core chocoholics, chocolate ganache.
Have another favorite? Let us know and we can probably make it for you.
FILLINGS (in between the layers of cake):
- Swiss Meringue Buttercream -- A delicious icing made without powdered sugar. It's not too sweet and very smooth.
- French Vanilla Buttercream - Also made without powdered sugar, this fluffy icing tastes a bit like French vanilla ice cream.
- American Buttercream - The classic icing you grew up with, made with powdered sugar. A bit sweeter than the Swiss Meringue and Vanilla buttercreams but still good.
- Cream Cheese Frosting - Made with real cream cheese, it has a slight tang. Great with red velvet and spice cakes.
- All of the Buttercreams can be flavored with white or dark chocolate, vanilla beans, caramel, coffee, mocha, Nutella, hazelnut, praline, liqueurs (Amaretto, Bailey's, Limoncello, etc.), fruit (lemon, lime, coconut, pureed fruit or fruit curds, etc.), spices and more. We can also add in chunks of your favorite cookies (like Oreos - our Oreo frosting is very popular) or even candy bars.
- Preserves: Raspberry, Strawberry, Blackberry or Blueberry jams
They cost a bit more, but they're worth it
- Chocolate Ganache (White, Milk or Dark Chocolate) - a dense, creamy version of your favorite chocolate for those wanting an intense flavor experience (especially the dark chocolate!) They can be subtly flavored, for example, with caramel or coffee for the dark chocolate, or with a fruit such as passion fruit or raspberries for the white chocolate.
- Chocolate Mousse (White, Milk or Dark Chocolate) - a fluffy mouse made with your favorite chocolate. Mmmm.
- Fruit curds: Similar in consistency to a pudding, these curds capture the full flavor of the fruit. Lemon, Meyer Lemon, Lime, Lime with ginger, Orange, Blood Orange, Passion Fruit (delish!), Mango
- German Chocolate (a delicious blend of caramel, coconut and pecans)
- Fresh fruit - Berries are especially good inside the cake.
FROSTING (for the outside of the cake):
- Swiss Meringue Buttercream (flavored as above, though no cookies or candy can be included)
- French Vanilla Buttercream (vanilla or flavored)
- American Buttercream (vanilla or flavored)
- Cream cheese frosting
- White, Milk or Dark Chocolate Ganache
- Fondant is a sugar dough that applied on top of the frosting, and it gives a cake a smooth finish. It is very flexible to use in designing cakes. Fondant may or may not be used on a cake, depending upon the design. Fondant costs extra per serving.
We can accommodate some dietary restrictions. Please contact us for more information.